Teresa and Aaron Williams

Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 19 of 30 Day Blogging


I remember those days.... I spent all of my childhood dreaming about camp. It was the highlight of my summer vacation. I remember the summer before I went into 5th grade I was sitting on the deck by the cafeteria praying with my counselor. That was the day I excepted the Lord into my life.
I remember the time when I performed for the first time with Beau Collins in front of a lot of people, and I also recall that I hit my head on the chapel wall (while playing a game in the dark) giving me a slight concussion. That summer I spent a week at Teen camp then 4 weeks at TCL (training in christian living). I remember falling out of a moving golf cart while Tarena Carioto was driving. Falling into the water after my foot gets caught in the rope on the dock. They threw the anchor in the water, and I went after it. I remember saying good bye to Jeremy and April Pryor when they came to visit for the last time. I remember Bridgett Spiro would give me weird facial expressions right before we went to bed. I remember spending a long week sleeping in a tent with my mother at Family Camp. I do remember a lot of things. The crafts we use to do, the times on the ski boat, the outings to the fair and the TCL camp out. I can't remember everything. It has been 10 years since I have been to camp. and I don't want to go much longer. Camp is a place to reconnect with God, learn about Him, praise and worship Him, have fun, make friends and enjoy each others company. Lakeside Bible Camp is like home to me, and that is a place I will be sending my children to experience the joy I once had.

No comments:

Post a Comment